A tilt switch is a device that measures the tilt of an item in various axes in relation to an absolute level plane. They are a good choice for many applications that need orientation or inclination detection since they are small and compact, such as warning systems on construction or agricultural equipment.
Tilt Switch Applications
- Bank angle warning system for ride-on lawnmowers
- Safety cut-out for cranes with hydraulic levelling
- Tilt warning system for platform and hoist levelling
- Rollover warning system for agricultural vehicles
- Safety cut-out for aerial work platforms
Key Specifications to Consider
Due to this wide range of applications, there are several key specifications to consider when exploring tilt sensors to ensure that the appropriate device is used. These include:
1. Switching Range: This is the device angle range, and exceeding the tilt threshold (trip angle) activates the switch.
2. Switching Accuracy: The switching accuracy specifies how close the device's angle measurement is to the true angle. In general, as the switching range of a tilt sensor decreases, so does its accuracy.
3. Filter Frequency: Since many tilt switch applications are utilised in high-vibration environments, both analogue and digital filtering may be used to reduce noise and vibrations. The frequency influences how much noise is filtered to achieve accurate measurements.
PVL Tilt Switches
Pressure Vacuum Level Ltd has been selling high-quality tilt switches for over 28 years. PVL provides these devices for various industries.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our tilt switches or other products.
PVL customers can rely on us for high-quality products. Tilt Switches are only a handful of the products we provide customers across the United Kingdom. We are also a significant supplier of Pressure Switches and Transducers.