What exactly is a temperature sensor? A temperature sensor is a temperature-measuring device. A temperature sensor can measure air, liquid, or solid matter temperatures.
What is a Temperature Sensor Used for?
Temperature sensors are used in various applications and industries to measure temperature. They can be found in both everyday life and industrial settings.
Some applications include
- Monitoring machinery and environments, power plants, and manufacturing.
- Medical applications include patient monitoring, medical devices, gas analysis, thermodilution, cardiac catheters, humidifiers, ventilator flow tubes, and dialysis fluid temperature.
- Domestic appliances include kitchen appliances (ovens and kettles) and white goods.
- Commercial and domestic heating, ventilation, and air conditioning devices.
- Considerations when Selecting a Temperature Sensor for Your Application
When Choosing a Temperature Sensor, Remember the Following Factors:
1. Temperature range: Different temperature sensors have different measurement ranges and may be more accurate over a specific range. Before purchasing, double-check the temperature sensor's range and the expected range of your application. The range of the temperature sensor should be available on the datasheet.
2. Accuracy and stability: Your application may necessitate a certain level of precision; thermocouples have a higher variance in long-term stability than thermistors and RTDs, so keep this in mind. Glass-coated NTC thermistors have the highest accuracy of any temperature sensor.
3. Size and Package: The type of temperature sensor chosen will be determined by the amount of space available in the application. A smaller device will be required if space is limited. Package design is also important because it affects how the temperature sensor is connected to the application and how the temperature is measured.
PVL Temperature Sensors
Pressure Vacuum Level Ltd has been selling high-quality temperature sensors for over 28 years. PVL provides these devices for various industries.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our temperature sensors or other products.
PVL customers can rely on us for high-quality products. Temperature Sensors are only a handful of the products we provide customers across the United Kingdom. We are also a significant supplier of Pressure Sensors and Pressure Switches.