FAFNIR is named after the dragon Fafnir from the Nibelungen Saga. FAFNIR GmbH, like its namesake, is constantly on the lookout for its most precious asset: customer satisfaction and product quality. As a result, this historic company has a stellar reputation for creating innovative, high-quality products while delivering exceptional customer service.
FAFNIR's initial product was an oil burner, which it developed and produced. The development of a safety system followed this to prevent tank and process tank overfilling, which set the pattern for future FAFNIR products. Thus, what began as a localised operation in Hamburg has evolved into an internationally recognised company with a global reach.
FAFNIR is well-known worldwide for designing and producing high-precision level measurement equipment for the petroleum, pharmaceutical, chemical, and food industries.
- Equipment Type: Magnetostrictive Level Measurement
- Liquid: Chemicals, Fuel, Solvents, Water
- Vessel: Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC), Road Tanker, Ship
- Measuring range: 100.00 mm up to 6 000.00 mm
- Stem diameter: 12.00 Process
- Connection: Fitting, Flange, None
- Temperature: -40.00 °C up to 85.00 °C
- Pressure: -1.00 bar up to 16.00 bar
- Supply: 10 to 30 VDC, 15 VDC, 24 VDC
- Measuring range [g/l] 710 900 to 440 660
- Accuracy (VISY-Stick Advanced) [g/l] <1.0
- Accuracy (VISY-Stick Flex) [g/l] 2.0
- Resolution (VISY-Stick Advanced) [g/l] 0.1
- Temperature range [°C] -40to + 85
- Dimensions (diameter X height) [mm] 0 50 X138.6
- Operating pressure [bar] 3.0to 16
- Material: Stainless steel